Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Google Day 2



Goals for the day:
1- Best Photoshop program for my project.
2- Define what the final project is going to be and where do I start.
3- Brainstorm ideas of what my pictures are going to be about.

1-What is the best suited program for my project?
  As I want to focus on my own personal progress for the Google 20% project, I want to find a program easy to understand and manipulate, something that will be easy to grasp. I want to be able to concentrate more on skill, rather than learning how to use the specific program. In the link below, I found some useful information of advantages of two photoshop programs and which one would be better and easier for a beginner. Also, there were some useful tips on what to do and to think before purchasing a photoshop program.
(In the page above there is a short summary of two different photoshop programs and the advantage each of them has.)
In the end I thought I wanted to choose Photoshop Elements, as it has a more simple usage, which is exactly what I was looking for, and it has all the basic tools that one can need when using photoshop and in the end this program was better suited for a beginner like me, but while doing some research I decided against it. Looking for more information I found out that it has to be ordered, and ordering things from the internet can get a bit messy and stressful. 
Link 2      Link 3 
In the links above I found a new option that worked similar to Photoshop Elements, but it is an online tool, making it easier for me to use it and in the end I wouldn't have to wait for shipping. It is called Photoshop Express Editor and it is powered by Adobe just like Photoshop Elements.  

2- Defined final project
  After thinking about it, I decided to go with my original idea. Like I said in my first Google post, I am going to focus on doing a collage on pictures taken by myself and the focus is to be able to transfer to the viewer my progress through the duration of this project. The first step to achieving this would be signing up in the page below, when that is done I would need to start working on the pictures that are going to be a part of this project.

3- Brainstorming 
  Since I already have all the basics for my project, the only thing that is missing is the concept on what it is going to revolve around. For my pictures I am thinking on doing something related to nature and to what it has become over the years, maybe how places start out and then what happens to them when people decide they want to build new things. My other option is just taking random shots of a certain part where nature and city meet.

What did I learn today? 
  Today I learned about advantages and disadvantages different photoshop programs have and  had a better idea on what I want to do with my project and where do I want to take it.

Something I want to do next class:
  Next Google class I want to start applying everything I have learned and start the actual project instead of doing research.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment