Monday, September 24, 2012

Biometric Security


-Topic name
-Correct label (TOPICS)
-What you know about the topic before your research
-What you wonder or questions you have about the topic before researching (at least 2)
-Links to where you found the most useful information (at least 2, NOT Wikipedia, although you can use it to help you)
-Bullet list of things you learned about the topic (at least 5)
-A short summary of how this topic connects/relates to you or your life
-Questions you still have (at least 1)

What do you know about the topic before your research:
I don't know anything about the topic I choose.
Some questions I have about the topic:
 I want to know what it is, what does it do and what do we use it for.
Links where I found the most useful information:
Things I learned about this topic:
- It is the use of physical aspects of a person to identify them.
- When a person uses biometric security, they chose characteristics that don't change over time and are impossible to copy and fabricate.
- Some of the scans used in biometric security are more intrusive than others. 
- Some of the methods are: face recognition, fingerprint identification, retina scan, iris scan, hand geometry and voice analysis. 
- Companies that provide this service are: "Cross Match Technologies", "ZKTeco" and "Aware,  Inc."
How does this topic relate to my life: 
It relates, because I can use it on my day to day life, use it as a security system and to enter my school, since it has started using fingerprint scans as a security method.
Questions I still have:
Is it a good security method, does it actually avoid problems and if so, which one is the best method to use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment